U.S. begins charging higher tariffs on Chinese printing products. The Trump administration made official its extra 5% tariff on $300 billion in Chinese imports and set collection dates of Sept. 1 and Dec. 15.
For printing products which the HS code under 4901 is charged 15% tariff in USA from September 1st.
The goods list is here:
- 4901.10.00 Printed books, brochures, leaflets and similar printed matter in single sheets, whether or not folded
- 4901.91.00 Printed dictionaries and encyclopedias and serial installments thereof
- 4901.99.0010 Textbooks
- 4901.99.0020 Newspapers, journals and periodicals, bound otherwise than in paper, and sets of newspapers, journals or periodicals of more than 1 issue undr 1 cover
- 4901.99.0030 Directories
- 4901.99.0050 Technical, scientific and professional books
- 4901.99.0060 Art and pictorial books valued under $5 each
- 4901.99.0065 Art and pictorial books valued $5 or more each
- 4901.99.0070 Hardbound books, nesoi
- 4901.99.0075 Rack size paperbound books, nesoi
- 4901.99.0091 Printed matter, containing not more than 4 pages each (excluding covers), nesoi
- 4901.99.0092 Printed matter, nesoi, containing 5 or more pages each but not more than 48 pages each (excluding covers)
- 4901.99.0093 Printed matter nesoi containing 49 or more pages each (excluding covers)
- 4902.10.00 Newspapers, journals and periodicals, appearing at least four times a week
- 4902.90.10 Newspaper supplements printed by a gravure process
- 4902.90.20 Newspaper, journals and periodicals, except those appearing at least four times a week
- 4904.00.00 Music, printed or in manuscript, whether or not bound or illustrated
- 4905.10.00 Globes, printed
- 4905.91.00 Maps and hydrographic or similar charts of all kinds, including atlases and topographical plans, printed in book form
- 4905.99.00 Maps and hydrographic or similar charts of all kinds, including atlases, wall maps and topographical plans, printed, in other than book form
- 4906.00.00 Hand‐drawn original plans and drawings; hand‐written texts; photo reproductions on sensitized paper and carbon copies of the foregoing
- 4907.00.00 Unused stamps of current or new issue in country to which destined; stampimpressed paper; check forms; documents of title, etc
- 4908.10.00 Transfers (decalcomanias), vitrifiable
- 4908.90.00 Transfers (decalcomanias), not vitrifiable
- 4909.00.20 Postcards, printed or illustrated
- 4910.00.40 Calendars printed on paper or paperboard in whole or in part by a lithographic process, over 0.51 mm in thickness
- 4910.00.60 Printed calendars, including calendar blocks, printed on paper or paperboard by other than a lithographic process
- 4911.10.00 Printed trade advertising material, commercial catalogs and the like
- 4911.91.10 Pictures, designs and photographs, printed over 20 years at time of importation
- 4911.91.15 Pictures, designs and photographs printed not over 20 years at time of importation, used in production of articles of heading 4901
- 4911.91.40 Pictures, designs and photographs, excluding lithographs on paper or paperboard, printed not over 20 years at time of importation
- 4911.99.20 Printed international customs forms (carnets), and parts thereof, in English or French, (whether or not in additional languages)
- 4911.99.60 Printed matter, nesi, printed on paper in whole or in part by a lithographic process
- 4911.99.80 Printed matter, nesi
We can’t change Trump tariffs.
How do we do?
Here is a suggestion we can give to our customers.
The goods are charged tariff in USA. So you may ask your supplier to separate the printing products cost and shipping cost in customs clearance. If you want to know the printing products price, click here