Coloring Book Printing
- Custom coloring book printing for adults and kids
- Save more than 40% cost compared with your local printers
- 100gsm and 120gsm offset paper is the most popular paper for coloring book
- 5-days production time for a staple coloring book and paperback coloring book
- Free cover template and free artwork checking
We have a lot of experience in coloring book printing for artists, self-publishers and individuals. It includes children’s books as well as adult coloring books. Owing to the high standards, which we maintain our customers are always satisfied with the book printing quality and our custom printing services.
Adult coloring books and child coloring books look simple when compared with other book printing services. However, it has some specificity, which is required to be maintained owing to the requests given to us by customers regarding the printing. That is why our customer services are necessary and would prove to be helpful as you progress with printing your coloring book with us.
Custom Design Tips
We ask you to please design the interior page with a 15mm margin. This allows the book to be easily colored. The areas close to the spine will be hard to color; therefore, we do not recommend having graphics within the 15mm margin.
Next, some coloring book sizes are unique. While some coloring books are portrait, others can be in the landscape style or square in shape. If you are not familiar with designing graphics, we are glad to provide you with our artwork template. Contact our printing specialists now to avail of such services.
Finally, most of the coloring books are saddle-stitched or perfect bound. If you do wire-o-binding or spiral binding coloring book, an extra 6-8mm space on the binding side is required. Our designers will also check the printing files for you. Feel free to send us a couple of your designed papers to check for proper bleed space and margins.
Coloring Book Size
The standard coloring book size is 8.5″ x 11″. If you like a square book, 8.5″ x 8.5″ is a good size. In addition, custom size is also available.
Besides printing coloring books, we can also print other types of books. These include comic books, coffee table books, and cookbooks, etc. In addition, we print catalogs and booklets as well, amongst other things. We always encourage you to contact us.
Coloring Book Paper
Popularly, the inner pages are black ink printing. Owing to the fact that these books will be used for coloring, offset paper for the interior is the best choice. Offset paper also known as uncoated paper or the woodfree paper is brilliant for coloring. To prevent the coloring to bleed through to the other side of the page, we suggest a thicker offset paper. The best coloring paper options include 100gsm, 120gsm, and 140gsm offset paper. The offset paper in our stock is white. Because the drawing color is not easy to be changed on the white paper. Nature paper is also available. But you need to double-check before you print.
Coated one side paper and coated both side papers are good for the coloring book cover. If the cover is both sides printing, coated both sides paper is good. Coated one side paper is better for one side printing on the coloring book cover. 250gsm, 300gsm gloss art paper or matte art paper, and 250gsm, 300gsm coated one side paper is good choice.
Printing Kids Coloring Book and Adult Color Book
The coloring books allow kids to get creative and nurture their imagination and ability regarding coloring or design. It can also teach them about a particular subject with ease in a fun and playful manner. Many adults also enjoy coloring and derive immense pleasure from such books. Therefore, the printing coloring book has become hugely popular and is one of the prime spheres, where we have great expertise. Some coloring books also include accessories such as coloring pencils, etc. and we can provide accommodations for those as well if you so request.
Coloring Book Sample Specifications
- Coloring book size: 8.5″ x 11”
- Cover paper: 250gsm matte art paper
- Printing: Full color CMYK offset printing
- Cover surface: Matte lamination outside cover
- Interior paper: 100gsm offset paper
- Printing: B/W printing
- Page count: 32 pages
- Binding: Saddle stitching
Custom Printing Tips
- The interior is done by B/W printing. Please design all B/W images with vector graphics and 100% black color only.
- The coloring book is primarily for children. Therefore, we suggest the book to be either sewing and perfect bound or sewing and hardcover binding. If the coloring book is not for children, we suggest you choose a saddle stitch.
- The interior paper can of white or natural colors. You also can choose from recycled paper or FSC paper. Point to be noted is that recycled or FSC paper is more expensive than regular paper. We use soy ink to print coloring book, which makes the books perfectly safe for children to use.
The coloring book printing projects that we handle come with the options for a number of binding methods that we specialize in. These options include perfect binding, sewing and hardcover binding, saddle stitching and spiral binding. If the inside is less than 64 pages and the color books are for adults, we suggest you do saddle stitch, sewn and hardcover binding, or spiral binding. Because saddle stitch bound book, spiral-bound book and hardcover bound book can be opened flatly. It is better for the user to draw.
Tell us what you need, contact our printing experts now!