Graphic Novel Printing
- High-end graphic novel printing
- 5 days’ production time after approval
- Save more than 40% costs compared to your local printer
- GMG ColorProof for a hard proof with 95% color accuracy
A graphic novel is a single story or collection of comic chapters that take the form of a book. Graphic novel printing is a tried and tested method of printing amongst comic artists and comic writers. The images are as important as the text and therefore graphic novels are printed in high-quality color. The internal paper used may be coated or uncoated stock. The cover is normally produced on a coated paper stock and may have other features such as lamination or special colors. At QINPrinting we can supply paperback and hardback graphic novel printing. We guarantee to offer high-quality graphic novel printing at the best prices. QINPrinting is an expert in lower graphic novel printing costs with high-quality.
Graphic novel printing is in the DNA of QINPrinting. As a renowned printing company, graphic novels are our sweet spot. We are well known as one of the foremost graphic novel printing companies. Our high-quality printing is backed up by first-class customer service.
At QINPrining we can offer many additional features for your graphic novel in addition to high-quality printing. Once you have used our services you will realize why we are the go-to destination for many graphic novel authors.
Graphic Novel Features
As graphic novels generally take the form of a book, most are perfect bound. These graphic novels are a larger collection of pages or stories and so they tend to command a higher price at conventions. We understand your graphic novel or comic book is an important and time-consuming project. We will work with you to ensure you are supplied with the perfect result. In turn, your readers will be thrilled every time they read your novel or comic book. At QINPrinting, we will help you select the right type of paper to give your graphic novel printing a professional look.
The standard graphic novel sizes are 8″ x 10″, 7.3″ x 11″, 6″ x 9″ and 5.5″ x 8.5″. Many artists prefer to produce a custom size graphic novel to make their book stand out. We can help you to print and bind this also.
QINPrinting – Creative and Artistic Expression at Its Finest
QINPrinting is one of the best companies to publish and print a manga or a graphic novel. We understand authors producing their own custom graphic novel want a superior quality product. Our expert staff at QINPrinting have the skills and training to deliver everything perfectly from the high-quality printing with color accuracy to proper usage of black and white pages. We also offer premium print binding options.
Graphic Novel Sample Specifications
- Size: 7″ x 10″;
- Cover paper: 250gsm C1S paper with matte lamination outside and spot UV;
- Interior paper: 100gsm offset paper;
- Printing: Full color CMYK printing
- Interior page count: 128 pages
- Binding: Sewn and perfect binding
For more information about our graphic novel printing and other services, please contact us. Our expert staff will get in touch with you. We will also provide you with a free quote which you can also obtain from an online quote.
Many artists will be able to sell printed versions of their comics in local comic shops, at comic conventions, via online stores or with crowdfunding such as Kickstarter. You can get an online quote to get an estimated graphic novel printing cost. For shipping costs, please contact our specialists and we can provide a competitive quote. If you use crowdfunding on Kickstarter and provide us with a link, we can offer an extra discount for you.
Graphic Novel Design Tips
- Before you begin to design the graphic novel artwork, decide the book size and the interior page number.
- We can provide an interior template or a cover template. This greatly simplifies the artwork process. Before designing the cover spine, you’ll need to know the page count and interior page size. Graphic novel printers will recommend the specific spine thickness or template to use.
- If you choose the spot UV option or foil stamping on the cover or the interior, make sure that the graphics are vector and supply vector texts.
- If you are using a thicker interior paper, sewing and perfect binding would be a better choice than glued perfect binding. This type of binding is very durable and the book opens flat.
- Adding a front end sheet is be a great option. The artist and writer can sign their name on the front end sheet and you can also add design features to make it look more appealing. Generally, front end sheets are 140gsm offset paper.
- Graphic novel covers with both a front flap and a back flap are a perfect option.
Graphic Novel vs Comic Book
Generally, there are two types of comic books, defined by size; a comic book, and a graphic novel (also referred to as a trade paperback).
Comic books are short, self-contained stories with either a separate stock cover or a self-cover. These are saddle stitch bound and come in either black and white or full color. As a rule, the comic book format is relatively short and has a fairly simple binding method.
A graphic novel, on the other hand, is a self-contained story or a collection of comic characters that are the length of a book. This type of format is suitable for long-form comics, such as narrative-driven comics or manga. Graphic novels are commonly perfect bound as these books are a larger collection of stories or pages.
Please contact us at QINPrinting for more information on how to produce your graphic novel or comic book. We guarantee we will provide you with a top-quality product at an excellent price.