It is a very common question that “how much does it cost to print a book on your own?” Book publishing is not that much tough today as it used to be a few years back. In the earlier days, you had to run behind the printers for typesetting, color correction, binding and many other tasks. Today, it is easy just like ordering something online. With the help of various printing companies today, you can get your book printed in no time at all. However, the overall cost of your printing will depend on the type of paper and typeset that you choose. If you are a self-publishing author, you can get in touch with the various printing companies available online to get an estimated quote for your entire order. You can also customize your order as you need.
Things to determine to print a book on your own
There are various things that you need to determine before opting for book printing. The first thing that comes up in the list is the type of paper that you want for your book. There are various types of paper choices available today such as glossy, matte, uncoated and many more. The paperhat you are going to choose will partly determine your overall budget and cost for printing. The next thing that you need to determine is the type of binding. Your binding choice will vary upon your budget. The last and final thing is to determine the cover surface of our book. This means you need to decide what type of cover surface options you want, lamination, spot UV, foil stamping and more.
Types of book binding available for you
There are various types of book binding options that you can choose from to print a book on your own. Let’s have a look at some of the most common types of book binding.
- Hardcover binding: This type of binding is perfect for photography books, art books and books that are of very high quality. Such binding can help in keeping the book intact for a longer period of time. It also helps in enhancing the overall look.
- Perfect binding: It is a great option for giving your book a professional look which will be visually perfect as well. It is widely used for student books and story books.
- Spiral binding: In case you want that your book can lay flat easily, this is the best option of binding for you. Such binding comes with the advantage of easy page turning and can also be kept on a flat surface for handy usage.
- Saddle binding: This type of binding can be used for normal books such as comic books and textbooks where he book page count is less and quality does not need to be ultra-premium. It can also be used for textbooks and small guide books as well.
- Wire-O binding: With this type of binding, you can give your book a high-quality feel. It can be used for coffee table books, cookbooks etc.
The binding style can determine your overall budget. Choose the one that suits your budget.
Types of book printing
Online book printing is available for all types of books. Let’s have a look at some of the most common book types.
- Children book: When it comes to children books, you can use bright colors and bold typeset for making it easier for the little ones to read. The ink used for such books are generally eco-friendly and non-allergic and thus can be printed within a standard amount of budget.
- Comic book: Comic books don’t have any fixed style. It depends on the artists design. You can decide your binding style for determining the entire budget.
- Coloring book: Such type of book is printed with black & white printing on uncoated paper or offset paper. Because offset paper is better for color drawing on it. Meanwhile, B/W printing cost is lower.
- Photo book: This type of book is generally made using hard binding. If you are a photographer and want to market your photos, this type of book will be the perfect choice for you.
Final step to print a book on your own
After everything has been set, now it is the time to decide the typeset of your book in case you are printing a book with texts. You can also select digital printing and offset printing for your book. If the quantity is less than 100pcs, digital printing is lower cost. If the quantity is more than 200pcs, offset printing is lower cost. Meanwhile, offset printing can show the real color for your book. You can also look out for various printing companies which provide online quotations as well.
If you are in need of book printing within your budget, we at QINPrinting are here to help you out. We can provide you with all types of book printing quote including soft cover and hard cover book. All you need to do is to just select the specifications you need and you can get an online quotation in no time at all. If you want you can also download the whole quotation for printing in PDF format from our website. So, visit us today and get the best quote for printing.