Also termed as loop binding, butterfly binding is quite similar to saddle stitch binding, except for the fact that in this binding there are also 2 or 3 extra pieces of loops outside the spine. In this binding, few signatures are collected in order, stapled and help by 2 or 3pcs of loops outside the spine.
For this type of binding, you need to tell your binder size to the printer. Generally, in butterfly binding 3pcs loops are used. The average distance between two ring centers in this binding is 4.291”. Butterfly binding is mostly used for tool brochures and furniture catalogs, with an average page count of 64 pages.
What is the method of butterfly binding?
The different stages of the butterfly binding are as follows –
- At first, the required text or images are printed on a large sheet which is later on folded so as to make the text appear on both sides of the sheets.
- Once the printing process is done, you have to take all the sheets and assemble them in place and also put a back and front cover.
- Then holes are punched along the spine leaving a certain gap. The number of holes also has a standard value.
- Then a few signatures are stapled together and there are a couple of loops that are attached outside or extra support as well.
Why is QINPrinting the best place for butterfly binding?
QINPrinting has been in the binding business for a very long time and butterfly binding is something not everyone can do. But we can provide you the best service. This binding system can be used for business purposes especially in situations where you need to produce a document that is highly professional and can represent your brand image correctly. If you are still not sure why you should choose us over the others for butterfly binding, read on to find out.
- Pursuit of Excellence – Our excellent team has all the training necessary to deliver top-notch craftsmanship and handling which are necessary for butterfly binding. Our bespoke services are not limited by anything and we believe in giving our everything and striving towards excellence.
- Passion for Creativity – Creativity is what keeps us going and we never give up until and unless we come up with something new. So, with us, you will always be introduced so some of the most creative ideas related to butterfly binding.
- Long-term relationships – We believe in building long-term relationships with our customers and so we try to cater to all their needs. Whether you want a specific outlook of the binding or whether you want a special type of paper to be used, all you need to do is let us know and we will source it for you.
- Customer-Focused approach – We give our customers the first priority in everything that we do and this has brought us a long way in our business career. We always listen to our customer’s requirements before settling for anything. We always figure out a package for you that will be in your budget.
- Reliable materials – The materials that we use in our products are of top-notch quality and they will last you for a long time.
We have some standard paper sizes that you can follow based on the data collected from different countries. But with us, you will also get several customized options which will give you the freedom to design your product according to your wish. Our team can also help you come with a customized design for your butterfly book binding method. Apart from the paper that is used, QINPrinting will also give you several options for the cover paper. This will help you get an aesthetic appeal. If you are thinking about any particular theme that matches your business image, let us know and we will design the covers accordingly. If you are interested to know more about the butterfly book binding procedure, contact us today!